WFA by Ridge Wilderness Adventures
Would you know what to do if you or your backcountry partner got injured on one of your adventures? Knowing basic first aid in a wilderness scenario is smart idea for anyone spending time adventuring outdoors.
This winter we will be hosting our first Canadian Red Cross certified Wilderness First Aid course, put on by Ridge Wilderness Adventures. This 20 hour course is designed to help anyone who loves adventuring outdoors, to handle emergency situations and keep injuries from getting worse!
WFA courses couple a classroom knowledge component with in-the-field training to simulate real backcountry emergency scenarios.
- Preparation and Planning
- Your Health
- What is the P.L.A.N.T.M.? (when dealing with a person this will help decide if the person should stay on trip, should they should be taken to help by the party, or whether help should be brought to the party)
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation Emergencies
- First Aid for Respiratory and Cardiac Arrest
- Wound Care
- Bone, Muscle, and Joint Injuries
- Head and Spine Injuries
- Environmental Situations
- Cold and Heat Related Emergencies
- Medical Emergencies
- Evacuation and Transportation
- Extended Care
- Dates: TBA
- Length: 20 hours
- Occupational First Aid Compliant
- Free Skill Refreshers for up to 2 years after taking the course
- Anyone who takes the course is eligible to take the Advanced upgrade at any point within the first year of receiving their WFA Certificate