** These are available for purchase while not in stock, lead times will vary so please contact us in store to check availability. Orders can take up to up to 8 weeks to ship out **
Now Available in CANADA! Looking for Archive Garage Hammer Hangers, look no further! Get an immediately noticeable improvement in your ride quality, increased travel capacity, and upgrade from those flimsy factory hangers!
WHAT THEY DO: Noticeably improve ride quality, increase travel capacity (up to 14"), and vastly increase durability over stock flimsy hangers, which are the cause of the annoying Tacoma rear jitters.
- Compatible with EVERY Spring Over Axle (SOA) spring pack on the market, plus Spring Under Axle (SUA) conversions (4.5” shackles required).
- A must for all Tacoma's from stock daily driver to fully built (No other mods are required to run these hangers)
- Max lift height reusing stock 3.4" shackles will be 0.5" lift with Dakar HD springs (short) unloaded. Most other longer springs will be 0-.25" lift, basically nothing (HH revised 9/2018 for minimal lift). 4.5" shackles would lower the truck about 1/4"-1/2" vs stock hanger/shackle.
Please Note: Fitment of the Hammer Hangers paired with Dakar leaf springs requires some modification to the leaf springs. Please contact us in store for more details.
Hammer hanger kit includes:
(1) Right hand & (1) Left hand hanger,
- Poly Bushings - Included in all kits
- Laser cut and CNC bent 1/4" A572 50,000psi (30% stronger) plate structure,
- Fully MIG welded.
- 2 stage powder coat: blast, zinc base prime, semi-gloss black top coat
- (4) M14 Class 10.9 (Grade 8 equiv) shackle bolts and lock nuts (fits in OME Dakar bushing sleeves)
- (8) 1/2” Grade 8 flanged frame bolts and flanged lock nuts
- Designed with factory rivet bolt pattern, but requires drilling out factory rivets thru to ½”
Written instructions provided.
*If you have longer shocks, longer brake lines ~24"-26" (20” stock) are required.
*Trimming of exhaust tailpipe may be required (generally with shock relocation and SUA springs)
- Reusing stock shackles (3.4") and OEM rubber bushings are totally fine for SOA (Fab'd shackles extend your lead time) *In Stock!
- Select quality poly bushings/sleeves for the stock shackle for 10"-14" travel (must remove the stock metal/rubber bushings)
- 3.6" shackles fab'd from 3/16" steel, 1/4" wall DOM tube, assembled w/ poly bushings & grease fitting.
- 4.0" shackles fab'd from 3/16" steel, 1/4" wall DOM tube, assembled w/ poly bushings & grease fitting. *Special Order Option
*(4.0" shackles will work with any spring, but will not drop out fully with SOA packs. 4.5" shackles required for SUA)*
Cross Tube Options (*Requires the spare tire be relocated*):
- The cross tube option DOES further improve ride quality (~20% of hanger improvement), by increasing rigidity, stopping frame from splaying out. The straight tube design is in perfect tension and torsion, protecting frame from stress when one hanger drags. Jig-built from 1.75" DOM x .120 wall steel w/ 1/4" flanges (8 lbs), 2 stage powder coat, includes hardware and 50 state/Guam/PR priority shipping.
- DIY your own cross tube: select (2) bolting flanges and (4) bolts. No warranty with this option
- The spring eye spacers are for All Pro springs that supply a narrower than stock 2.75" wide bushing and bolt sleeve, stock is 2.875". This is my solution for other suppliers issues
- Drill Bits are stubby length sharp drill bits to save you money, time and hassle (1/2" bit requires 1/2" chuck)