TuggERR Recovery Ropes (KERR)
Kinetic Energy Recovery Rope
TuggERR line is a custom spliced double braid manufactured in Canada from 100% nylon yarn. Freedom Recovery Gear K.E.R.R. Kinetic Energy Recovery Rope is an excellent complement to any recovery gear kit, available in a variety of standard sizes and lengths.
Our K.E.R.R. lines use the kinetic properties of nylon to “sling-shot” objects free from mud, sand or snow. Available in a Fire Cracker, this line is a must have for any recreational off-roader as well as the professional dealing with heavy machinery which has become stuck.
Our DBN meets military specification (40-GP 16M Type 1).
- High strength
- Controlled stretch
- Abrasion resistant
- Excellent shock absorption
- Yellow ID tracer
- K.E.R.R. line
- Tow lines
- General utility
Use common sense and ALWAYS KEEP SAFETY THE TOP PRIORITY and ensure your application is verified for proper sizing prior to use. Remember knots in a rope or the use of a nylon rope while it is wet will have a negative impact on the rope’s strength.
• Avoid abrasive surfaces and any sharp edges.
• Use shackles of an appropriate strength for the rope and consider switching to soft shackles for increased safety.
• Always check the splice before and during attachment to each vehicle.
• Test before use. Try light pulls to test attachment before pulling at maximum force.
• Keep spectators out of the tow zone.
• A Bowline knot is recommended if the rope must be knotted. This will undo most easily after use.
*A knot can reduce a rope’s strength by as much as half.*
Application Sizing Suggestions 3:1 Safety Factor
- 5/8 Max 4000lbs GVW IE Side by Side UTV
- 7/8 Max 7000Lbs GVW Tacoma Jeep
- 1” Max9000 lbs Full size Land cruiser, ½ ton Pick up
- 1 ¼” 14,000lbs GVW 1 ton
Usage: Crawl, Walk Run……
- Crawl: first stage is a simple traction extraction put pressure on the rope and see if the stuck vehicle moves.
- Walk: Second stage is a walking pace 2-3 mph that’s actually a lot of force!
- Run: Third Stage is a run about 5-6 mph this speed will exert a tremendous amount of force!
- Make Sure your attachment point is up to the task and Use only with rated frame mounted recovery points.
Product may look slightly different and colours may vary from images.
MINIMUM BREAKING STRENGTH (MBS) IS THE MINIMUM FORCE NECESSARY TO CAUSE A PIECE OF RECOVERY GEAR TO FAIL.
Working Load Limit (WLL) is the maximum working load designed by the manufacturer. This load represents a force that is much less than that required to make the lifting equipment fail or yield.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov