The MAXTRAX KINETIC ROPES are designed, as their name suggests, to be the kinetic element during a vehicle recovery. The MAXTRAX KINETIC ROPES produce increased kinetic power compared to flat snatch straps, with up to 30% ELONGATION providing a smoother, safer recovery.
The MAXTRAX KINETIC ROPES have been designed and tested as part of the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM. The MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM is comprised solely of MAXTRAX products and has not been tested with any third party branded products. Critically, if the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM is overloaded the MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE is designed to be the weakest link, and the expected point of failure. Accordingly, YOU MUST USE a MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE in the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM during any vehicle recovery. Only use rated recovery points when connecting the MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE or MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE to a vehicle. Before using the MAXTRAX KINETIC ROPES for a vehicle recovery, ensure that any person involved reads and understands ALL THE INFORMATION ON THIS packaging, and on any warning labels attached to the MAXTRAX KINETIC ROPES.
1. Visually inspect the MAXTRAX KINETIC ROPES to ensure it is undamaged and in a safe and usable condition.
2. Attach the MAXTRAX KINETIC ROPES to the MAXTRAX HITCH, other MAXTRAX KINETIC ROPES, MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE or the vehicle’s rated recovery points using a MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE or MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE.
3. MAXTRAX KINETIC ROPES can be used individually or connected using MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLES to make a rope the required length for your particular vehicle recovery scenario
4. Place the MAXTRAX RECOVERY DAMPENER over the MAXTRAX KINETIC ROPE or MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE and attach to loop or Shackle.
5. Using MAXTRAX 4WD RECOVERY TRACKS to provide a ramp will greatly reduce the forces and loads on all equipment during the recovery.
6. Clear the area of bystanders and spectators.
7. Commence the recovery by GENTLY taking up the slack in the system.
8. If the recovery is initially unsuccessful, try again with SLIGHTLY more momentum.